Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Analytics

News, events, thought leadership and more.
AnthonyJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Inspire 2016We are quickly approaching one of the most exciting times of the year to be an Alteryx user with our annual user conference, Inspire 2016, coming June 6-9 in sunny San Diego, CA. Similar to previous years, we will have multiple training courses offered – and if you haven’t attended Inspire before, know that these are some of the most popular sessions at the conference! We will have some adjustments this year that we believe you’ll appreciate...

On day one of the conference, Monday June 6th, four of our course offerings will be full day classes, held from 8:30am – 5:30pm. Why a full day? This will provide a great opportunity for our instructors to take a deeper dive into the topics and ensure a solid foundation for users to confidently grow their Alteryx skill set. Below are the all-day Monday sessions, with some details about what to expect:

• Getting Started with Alteryx Designer - "I'm new to Alteryx and would like to better understand the overall interface and some of the most commonly used tools in a workflow. By the way, what is a workflow?"
  • Introducing Predictive Analytics- “I’d love the opportunity to walk through the life cycle of predictive analysis, starting with data investigation and rounding out the day on some commonly used predictive models including Forecasting.”
  • Alteryx Solutions and Tools (Analytic Applications and Macros) – "I know how to build workflows, and now I’m ready to graduate into configuring my own custom user interface (Analytic Application) as well as create my own tools that capture repeatable workflows (Macros)."
  • Managing an Alteryx Server – "I'm considering or just getting started with Alteryx Server, and I need a foundational understanding of the product and its benefits."

Inspire TrainingWe’re also excited to be including a few new courses for 2016 (these are two-hour courses offered during the week):

• Building Alteryx Data Connectors will cover how to connect to REST APIs and incorporate your tool into your workflow. One of our Content Engineering experts will provide training on this topic.
  • Alteryx for Advanced R Users will be directed towards proficient R users that would like to write custom code and extend some of the analytic capabilities in Alteryx through R.
  • Alteryx for the SQL User is designed for those with SQL experience who would like to understand how SQL knowledge can be transformed into an analytical workflow.

The last thing you may be wondering - what is the difference between the Alteryx Tech Track and the Training Track? The Tech Track will cover topic discussions, while the Training Track is more hands-on, where attendees will have the opportunity with their own computer to participate in follow-along content, as well as complete exercises testing what they’ve just learned.

In the agenda scheduler, you’ll notice the training courses have a description (Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced) which is categorized based on your overall knowledge of Alteryx. This is a great guideline to gauge whether a course is suitable for you or not.  And as a reminder, all training courses are B.Y.O.D., Bring Your Own Device, so be sure to bring your laptop with Alteryx already installed. If you need to rent a laptop for the week, we will have a 3rd party resource that will allow you to do so, stay tuned for additional information on machine rentals.

As I mentioned, product training courses are some of the first to fill up, so if you haven’t registered yet for Inspire 2016, do so now.

See you in San Diego!

Anthony Johnson
Team Lead - Training

Anthony Johnson has over 16 years of experience in data analytics specializing in geospatial and marketing research. He has worked at Alteryx for the past 4 years during which time he's had the opportunity to work in Professional Services, Sales Engineering, and Training. Anthony has a Bachelor’s degree in Geography from The University of Texas at Austin and an MBA from Texas Christian University. In his free time he enjoys running, providing film critique on YouTube, and he's an avid toy collector ("they're NOT dolls, they're action figures!" Sure they are...lol).

Anthony Johnson has over 16 years of experience in data analytics specializing in geospatial and marketing research. He has worked at Alteryx for the past 4 years during which time he's had the opportunity to work in Professional Services, Sales Engineering, and Training. Anthony has a Bachelor’s degree in Geography from The University of Texas at Austin and an MBA from Texas Christian University. In his free time he enjoys running, providing film critique on YouTube, and he's an avid toy collector ("they're NOT dolls, they're action figures!" Sure they are...lol).