Analytics

News, events, thought leadership and more.
MatthewM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

DMA

As Alteryx prepares for next week's NCDM13 conference in Las Vegas it got me thinking about the role of Big Data and the impact that it truly has on Marketing within an organization or Marketing agencies themselves. To me I think this fits perfectly in one of the 14 predictions for 2014 that Alteryx just released earlier this week that Customer Analytics is the Next Big Marketing Role.

The main role of marketing really revolves around Customer Analytics with the emphasis on Acquire, Retain and Grow customers. In order for this to happen, the marketing machine needs the right data to respond to new opportunities. With all of the new sources of data now available, it is critical that Customer Analytics allows marketers to take advantage of these new sources such as social media, RFIDs, and other Big Data avenues such as Hadoop or MongoDB. The more data and information they can utilize and understand about their customers and prospects, the more informed decisions they can make. This will ultimately result in better response rates, better ROI, and more sales.

So I hope that anyone that is attending the NCDM13 will take the time to stop by Booth #200 and visit with the Alteryx team. In addition, we are running an Analytics Workshop - Using Predictive Analytics to Turn Prospects into Customers without Coding on Wednesday, December 11th at 8:00am that you won't want to miss. This session will discuss how utilizing analytics, you can turn your prospects into customers. We look forward to seeing everyone.

Matthew Madden
Director, Product Marketing

Matt Madden is a Director, Product Marketing at Alteryx. Matt has over 16 years of experience in the analytics and enterprise software industry. During his career he has held roles in sales and marketing, both with the same goal, to help organizations realize the power and benefits that analytics can have on their business.

Matt Madden is a Director, Product Marketing at Alteryx. Matt has over 16 years of experience in the analytics and enterprise software industry. During his career he has held roles in sales and marketing, both with the same goal, to help organizations realize the power and benefits that analytics can have on their business.