Analytics

News, events, thought leadership and more.
RamanK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Salesforce Data and Wave AnalyticsToday, Alteryx announced increased product capabilities with Salesforce data and Wave Analytics, offering sales and marketing analysts faster self-service analytics. Salesforce connectivity was first made available with Alteryx 9.0, and it has continued to be enhanced since. Now, we are excited to announce the ability to connect directly to Wave Analytics as well.  What does this mean for you? Not only are you able to rapidly blend your Salesforce data with other data sources and then deliver deeper insights with advanced analytics, but you can also produce perfected datasets for visualization in Salesforce Wave Analytics.  Users can now create and write perfect datasets to Wave Analytics, keep data for Wave visualizations current with automated and easily updated workflows, and finally, easily build upon existing Alteryx workflows to ask and address new questions with Wave visualizations.

To take advantage of the newly announced Wave Analytics integration, users who have Alteryx Designer (either a license or trial) and Salesforce Wave can download the Alteryx Starter Kit for Salesforce and gain access to five sample Alteryx workflows that utilize sales, marketing and service data typically found in the Salesforce CRM.  The Kit also contains demonstration videos that help users build the Alteryx workflows using drag and drop tools, then create the corresponding visualization dashboards in Wave Analytics.

Finally, to learn more about the additional Salesforce capabilities, join us for a live webinar on July 26, 2016. Register here to see the latest and greatest with the Alteryx and Salesforce product capabilities.

Raman Kaler
Sr. Manager, Alliance Marketing

Raman is responsible for alliance marketing at Alteryx, where she focuses on defining strategy and executing joint marketing programs with key strategic technolog partners. She currently focuses on alliance marketing efforts with, among others, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft, Salesforce, and Tableau. Raman has proven success in creating strategic marketing and business development programs that drive and support pipeline growth.

Raman is responsible for alliance marketing at Alteryx, where she focuses on defining strategy and executing joint marketing programs with key strategic technolog partners. She currently focuses on alliance marketing efforts with, among others, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft, Salesforce, and Tableau. Raman has proven success in creating strategic marketing and business development programs that drive and support pipeline growth.

Comments
FrancoisP
7 - Meteor

Thanks Raman. I have Salesforce Wave (Einstein Analytics) activated in a sandbox but I cannot connect to it using the Salesforce Wave Output.

I have no problem using the Salesforce input and output and I am wondering if it is because you can change the URL, while in the Salesforce Wave Output tool there is o URL. How can I login to a sandbox?

Thanks in advance

Francois

StephenW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @FrancoisP sorry to hear that you're having issues.

The Salesforce Input/Output tools use a different authentication method vs. the Salesforce Wave Output tool.  This is why Input/Output requires a URL.

Are you receiving any error messages when you try to login?  Confirm within Salesforce that the account you're using has Wave API access.

FrancoisP
7 - Meteor

Hi @StephenW that's what I have been told but it is apparently not true. I edited the tool macro and the tool .js file to change the url to my sandbox url and now it works! I submitted an idea to make the url input visible in the tool.

StephenW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@FrancoisP

Happy to hear you were able to solve it.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

mgrajkumar
7 - Meteor

@FrancoisP  . Can you share which places in macro and the .js file that need to be changed. Iam also facing the same issue. 

AshokCheejati
5 - Atom

@FrancoisP  . I am also in same boat facing this issue .Can you share which places in macro and the .js file that need to be changed. Thanks for your suport.