Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Analytics

News, events, thought leadership and more.
BenG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

10.0 Workflow Preview10.0 Workflow PreviewWhen working with data it is super nice to be able to see the process that it goes through in going from input to blending to analysis. However, sometimes knowing the state of a specific row or field in the workflow is very helpful in understanding what is going on. In Alteryx 10.0 you can now quickly and easily view sample of actual data for each tool within the workflow. This will help analysts who are transitioning from other products as they learn how to manipulate their data in Alteryx, and will also provide a benefit to existing Alteryx users, reducing the overall time to find insights even further.

By providing a sample of data at each stage of the workflow, an analyst has access to what is most useful and still has the blazing speed of Alteryx that they’re used to. In addition, by being able to preview the data at each stage, analysts can verify their data at every step in the process, making the development of analytic workflows much easier and faster.

Alteryx Designer Results WindowAlteryx Designer Results WindowWith the tool results feature in 10.0, we have created a new view within the Alteryx Designer called the results window. This window is where you may find the output log for each workflow run and also find things like the tool results and browse data. What we are moving towards is a paradigm where all configuration is done on the left panel in the configuration window, and all viewing of output or the results of the process is done on the bottom pane of the screen.  In some situations, we’ve made use of the space in order to show more information at once such as with a table with map data. We now show the map on the left and the data table on the bottom.

We are very excited about this feature and can’t wait to see what a difference it makes in your efforts to analyze data.

To see this feature and the other new features in 10.0 in action, watch our on-demand webinar, “Achieve Analytic Independence with Alteryx Analytics 10.0.”

Download the trial to try the new features in 10.0 for yourself.

Follow the 10.0 blog series to read more about the other features in 10.0.

Comments
shaynie
8 - Asteroid

I like the idea of the results window, but I'm missing the ability to view the entire file in a browse tool.  The "table" tab has been removed from the browse, which doesn't let me see all the data when it's over the cutoff size.

Two issues: 1)  I can't see the record counts for large files, and 2) I go directly into the map view when trying to use the browse, which can be very slow for large files.

So, the progress is great, but I need my record counts!  (And going to the output window and finding the record count for each tool is quite time consuming).   Thanks!

shaynie
8 - Asteroid

I just learned that the cutoff size for the results can be increased in the Advanced Options/System Settings, thanks to the 10.0 Alteryx webinar!  That should let me see more of the data flows.  Thanks!

mod
5 - Atom

Any tips on finding the missing icons under the results viewer? I can only get the bullet list icon to appear as you see below. Any help appreciated!

Alteryx_results_issue.png

Uwe
5 - Atom

Hi there, just downloaded the trial version and working through the tutorial.

I have the same issue/question. Where do I see the results in the results window. I am working on a 32bit machine.

Any help is much appreciated

shaynie
8 - Asteroid

This doesn't look correct to me, I'd send it to clientservices@alteryx.com

Be sure you've rerun the module if you've made any changes.  I'd also try adding a browse tool after the crosstab to see if records are coming thru, and if the icons appear on the browse results.  Good luck!

Uwe
5 - Atom

Tkx, sent a screenshot to clientservices.

stevezero
5 - Atom

Guys, having the same problem on 32 bit machine. Any solution available? Thanks!

AdamR_AYX
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I'm afraid this feature is only availble for 64-bit Alteryx.

If you are using 32-bit Alteryx you will need to add browse tools in the workflow where you want to view your data.

stevezero
5 - Atom

That's what I figured. Will reinstall virtual and confirm if this is really the case. 

Thanks!