Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Analytics

News, events, thought leadership and more.
LDuane
Alteryx
Alteryx

Last week, I shared with you, in the introductory part of this blog series, a fundamental equation that I found propels the possibilities inherent in creating a culture of analytics— people + data. We know that data is a huge part of what helps so many revolutionize the way they do business. After all, data is at the start of every analytic process. Today, I’ll share with you the other equally important half to the equation—people.

People Matter Too

Don’t hire talent that tells you what you want to hear. Hire talent that will challenge the status quo or think about questions differently. Alternatively, be the talent who is never afraid to try something new and explores new challenges with curiosity and tenacity. We see it every day in our associates at Alteryx and across users of the Alteryx platform alike.

Let's Talk TalentLet's Talk Talent
Our Alteryx Grand Prix is the ultimate challenge for users to test their data analytic skills. It has been a data analytics “racing competition” for 10+ years. Contestants race each other live, under the bright lights, as they work to solve a series of data challenges faster than their competitors. The goal of the evening: to prove which contestant is the master of the workflow. This past year, one of our customers now an Alteryx associate, tested her skills along with two of her teammates Garrett Lodewyck @GarrettL and Alexandra Mannerings @AliKat  in the Denver Alteryx User Group and won the whole championship taking home the trophy. We are inspired by Alteryx users who are adopting the Alteryx workflow style as a way of life; they’re embracing collaboration and a strong approach to innovation. Sometimes, these users become Alteryx ACEs and Alteryx associates.

Alteryx Grand Prix US 2018 (Pictured from right to left: Corey Hill, Cady Brooks, Alexandra Mannerings, and Garret Lodewyck, and Myself)Alteryx Grand Prix US 2018 (Pictured from right to left: Corey Hill, Cady Brooks, Alexandra Mannerings, and Garret Lodewyck, and Myself)

Another example can be found on the other side of the world. One of your Alteryx ACEs Irina Mihai @irina_mihai and the team at Adidas transform analytics processes from the core and significantly increase the business value the analytics team can bring. Just recently, Irina and her team presented at Inspire Europe.  As an ACE and avid user of Alteryx, Irina continues to share the power of the platform with new team members and in her local Alteryx User Group. She is accelerating her Alteryx knowledge and that of her community along the way.

Alteryx ACE Irina Mihai and her team at Inspire Europe 2017Alteryx ACE Irina Mihai and her team at Inspire Europe 2017

If you are interested in reading more stories on how people are teaming up together around data to find solutions, I’d recommend browsing articles about Alteryx ACEs who participated in the HHS Opioid Epidemic Code-a-Thon or any of our Alteryx Community Highlights including this one.

So how can you start incorporating a culture of analytics within your organization? Now that we’ve finished exploring some examples with Alteryx users like you, come back next week, when I’ll share how we at Alteryx have embraced a culture of analytics since the founding of the company and continue living out these principles today.

Olivia Duane
Chief Advocacy Officer

Olivia Duane Adams (Libby) is the chief advocacy officer (CAO) and co-founder of Alteryx, and one of only a handful of female founders to take a technology company public, along with her founding counterparts, Dean Stoecker and Ned Harding. Libby’s vision and leadership in the creation of the world’s leading data science and analytics community is a key factor in the company’s 24-year success. She is responsible for strengthening upskilling and reskilling efforts for Alteryx customers to enable a culture of analytics, scaling the presence of the Alteryx SparkED education program and furthering diversity and inclusion in the workplace.

Olivia Duane Adams (Libby) is the chief advocacy officer (CAO) and co-founder of Alteryx, and one of only a handful of female founders to take a technology company public, along with her founding counterparts, Dean Stoecker and Ned Harding. Libby’s vision and leadership in the creation of the world’s leading data science and analytics community is a key factor in the company’s 24-year success. She is responsible for strengthening upskilling and reskilling efforts for Alteryx customers to enable a culture of analytics, scaling the presence of the Alteryx SparkED education program and furthering diversity and inclusion in the workplace.