Analytics

News, events, thought leadership and more.
PatrickN
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

UdacityAlteryx has joined forces with Udacity to develop a curriculum focused on the business user who is interested in leveraging predictive analytics to answer business questions, but does not have the time or resources to take a statistics-heavy degree program.

We have focused on the most commonly used predictive methodologies that we see in industry. Our practical courses have been organized to help students gain a solid understanding of the types of business problems that can be solved with predictive analytics and how to prepare the data for each methodology.

The Nanodegree is comprised of the following seven courses:

Problem Solving with Advanced Analytics

In this course, you’ll learn that predictive analytics is a process where you use your data to determine the best methodology for informing your decisions. You’ll learn how to select the appropriate predictive methodology and then you’ll use Linear Regression to build your first model.

How to prepare the data for each methodology

Creating an Analytical Dataset

The quality of your analysis depends on your data.  This course introduces students to the art of preparing a data set with Alteryx, including topics such as dealing with outliers and missing data, and the potential impact to predictive models.

Classification Models

In this course, you’ll dive deeper into business problems solved using logistic regression, decision trees, boosted models and forest models. You’ll also be introduced to comparing models to determine the best fitting model for your data.

A/B Testing

There are many business scenarios where you may decide to test a change in a small group before rolling the change out across your business. How do you know if the observed change is representative of your entire business? In this course, you’ll learn how to set up an experiment in order to determine if the impact will be statistically significant such that you can predict the impact across your business.

Classification Models

Time Series Forecasting

Have you ever tried to predict future performance, using past data, only to feel like you’re really guessing? The Time Series Forecasting course goes into detail on building quality time series forecasts using the ARIMA and ETS models that take into account seasonality and trending to provide high quality forecasts.

Time Series Forecasting

Segmentation Analysis

This course introduces techniques for segmenting data using clustering techniques. For example, you may want to group your customers in a way that allows you to develop more effectively targeted marketing campaigns. Clustering is a statistical methodology that groups similar objects into segments that you can use with predictive models, organizational decisions, and more!

Segmentation Analysis

Data Visualization

Predictive analytics is used to drive business decisions. Communicating the results of your analysis, including assumptions and decisions made along the way, is the last critical step of the analysis process. Leveraging proven methods to visualize your data will help decision makers understand your analysis to make the best decisions for your organization. We can’t take the credit for this course – Udacity partnered with Tableau to deliver this awesome content.

Data Visualization

At the end of each course, you’ll be given a business problem that you’ll need to solve. Solving the problem isn’t enough, you’ll need to prepare your analysis and submit it for grading by Udacity. Don’t worry, Udacity will publish the success criteria, and if needed, you can submit a project again. The objective is for you to learn the concepts, not receive a specific grade.

After completing all seven projects, you’ll be given a final project with a business problem and some data. It’s up to you to determine the best approach, gather any additional data, and make a final recommendation. The final project may use more than one concept that you learned when completing the courses.

The Udacity team will be with you during your journey, providing support to help you hone your skills!

Upon completion, you’ll not only have a respected Nanodegree -you’ll also have a portfolio of completed projects you can use to demonstrate your skills.

Pretty awesome! What’s even better is that this program is only $1,200 USD. For this low price, you’ll have access to the Udacity resources to help you on your journey, while being provided with educational licenses for Alteryx and Tableau (so you can work from your home computer). You’ll have six months to complete the program and earn your credentials.

Interested? Check out our registration page at: http://www.alteryx.com/predictive-training to get started.

Comments
adrianloong
11 - Bolide

I'm a big fan of this training course! Thanks Alteryx & Udacity.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I too have completed this course and found that it is not only useful for learning the Alteryx suite of tools - but more importantly it demystifies the entire space of "advanced Analytics" which was a big win for my team and I.

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @PatrickN,

It is a great course, and I enjoyed it. It allows people to understand better how advanced analytics works, and overall, I think this is the best online course that I have participated in.