Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Analytics

News, events, thought leadership and more.
StuartW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

dean-libby-day1.png

Day 1 of Inspire Europe 2017 is done and we’re all still buzzing. The weather held on for us and our 750 guests who joined us at Tobacco Dock for a great day of presentations and mingling with Alteryx users.

Dean Stoecker, our CEO, kicked off the day with an inspiring keynote about icons of analytics and innovation, drawing out the parallels between innovators of the past and Alteryx users who are changing the way analytics is done today. The crowd was enthused and particularly excited about Dean’s announcement of Alteryx Promote, a product for deploying predictive models. Promote comes as a result of our recent Yhat acquisition and it was great to see our new friends and colleagues from New York join us in London. 

Dan Jeavons of Shell joined Dean on stage and he gave a cool use case about parts inventory management and how it’s saved the company many dollars and much time. This was a good teaser for the jam packed afternoon session Dan held. In fact, all the customer sessions today were completely full and event goers mentioned these as their highlight of the day.

Our sponsor, Data Robot, hosted the final session of the day to another packed room of Alteryx users, who came out talking with a lot of interest about the possibilities of what the two can do together in predictive model automation. 

day1-gp.png

Then the fight for bragging rights to be the best Alteryx user in Europe began with the Grand Prix… Everyone watched in anticipation (and had a few drinks to pass the time!) as Ben Moss from The Information Lab (TIL) in the UK work-flowed his way to victory. Congratulations to Ben and his supporting team at TIL on win. Thanks to the other finalists, Jeroen Spoor and Marco Bosman, for a hard fought competition.

I’ll end the blog today with a great line one of our customers said today in a meeting: "Whenever one of my colleagues brings up a new data challenge, I just default to saying “Alteryx can do that”. Even if I have no idea whether it can, I just say it, and then I go and prove it. I’m yet to be proven wrong."

Thank you to all our guests – customers, prospects, partners and sponsors for making it a great first day. So many great conversations and presentations were packed into the day and I’ve only scratched the surface in this blog. Looking forward to another action packed day tomorrow!

Stu Wilson

Stu is VP, EMEA at Alteryx and is responsible for our business across Europe, Middle East and Africa, leading a fast growing team spread across the UK, Germany and Denmark. Stu joined Alteryx in 2014 as the first employee on the ground in Europe. Prior to that, he worked in the IT security space building new teams in new markets, and also worked as a stockbroker in the City. Stu is a proud Canadian expat but considers himself a Londoner having lived here since 2003.

Stu is VP, EMEA at Alteryx and is responsible for our business across Europe, Middle East and Africa, leading a fast growing team spread across the UK, Germany and Denmark. Stu joined Alteryx in 2014 as the first employee on the ground in Europe. Prior to that, he worked in the IT security space building new teams in new markets, and also worked as a stockbroker in the City. Stu is a proud Canadian expat but considers himself a Londoner having lived here since 2003.