Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Analytics

News, events, thought leadership and more.
BradW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

image.png

Alteryx Beta Program is in full swing and we need the voice of the customer to help!  Following is happy path steps to get started with beta program and let your voice be heard as we bring new ideas to market! 

Everything you need to get started is here!

• What is the Alteryx Beta program?
    • Alteryx Beta Program gives sales approved customers access to pre-release versions of Alteryx Products. You can become a critical part of our development team! Try the latest features and give feedback to help Alteryx deliver the best versions of our products ever!
  • Who can participate in the Alteryx beta program?
    • Sales Approved Alteryx Customers in good standing
    • Alteryx Partners
  • How do I Participate?
    • Following are currently available beta opportunities. Existing users Sign In/Applicants Sign Up. Sign in/Sign up for beta program.  Here’s currently available beta programs and summary of pre-release content available in each:

Program Name

Topics

Links

Alteryx Analytics Beta 2020.3

• Designer | Desktop
    • If you like our Find functionality, you are going to love Find and Replace. Editing your workflow is going to be so much easier now.
  • PostgreSQL Bulk Loader
    • If you have grappled with a quick way to write your content to PostgreSQL, we have good news! The PostgreSQL Bulk Loader is now available for testing.
  • Python Virtual Environment Manager
    • With this feature, you can now create and customize a Python Virtual Environment, including importing and exporting.
  • Snowflake Bulk Loader Internal Staging
    • Looking for a faster solution for getting your outputs into Snowflake? The Snowflake Bulk Loader is here to help write your data into Snowflake faster than ever.

Sign In/Up

• Install
    • For Designer, install side by side with your production version of designer...here’s how
    • For Server Installer, provision a Windows Server 2016 instance (64 bit/4-core/32GB RAM/50GB HDD) and then install and configure.
    • For Server Hosted, join the beta and click the ‘Platform Login’ link for access to your own test environment!
  • Provide Feedback
    • Centercode is our platform for tracking field feedback.  Once admitted to a beta program you’ll be able to provide Bugs or Suggestions to be reviewed by our Product Management Team
  • Alteryx Beta Program FAQs
    • I have an Alteryx Community login, is that the same as my Alteryx beta program login?
      • No- while SSO is a goal, at this time Alteryx Community login and Alteryx Beta program login accounts are completely separate.
    • I want to beta test Designer, how do I install it alongside my production version on my desktop?
    • I applied X days ago, when will I be approved?
      • Alteryx beta is for Customers and Partners in good standing.  To validate account status, we check SFDC for account status.  So, if you are using a non corporate email address, we’ll likely not think you’re a customer.  Please use corporate email address when you sign up.
      • Sales Approval - If account is in good standing, beta program asks Sales to ‘opt-in’ and confirm beta participant account is allowed to participate in the beta program.  Check with your sales rep as they will receive an email asking them for approval within 24 hours of receipt.
      • Beta Account enabled - Once Customer account is validated in SFDC and Sales approves, the beta program will enable your account at which point you will receive email from betas@alteryx.com indicating that they are approved for the beta with a link to sign in and begin testing.  Check your email junk folder for this email.
    • I’m having Trouble Licensing Designer Beta
      • Verify that you meet the license requirements.
      • If you are having trouble activating the license key for Designer, please try the offline license activation method as described in the help docs ‘Activate a license offline (file activation)’ section. Note please send the .req file to fulfillment@alteryx.com to upload the file into the UAT portal.
    • Server.Next Beta Instance shows an ‘empty’ page when I click the ‘Platform login link’.
      • Use Incognito Mode
      • Disable common ad/script blockers like ‘uBlockOrigin’ and others for Server.Next beta site.
    • I'm a Partner or Customer and want to Demo Beta content at a customer site, user group or webinar.  Can I demo Alteryx Beta software?
      • No per license agreement, beta is only for internal testing and evaluation. - Specifically, in section 1.1 of the beta agreement, this limitation is expanded upon:

License. 1.1 License and Use Terms. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Alteryx hereby grants to Licensee a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license (without the right to sublicense) to use the Beta Product solely for purposes of internal testing and evaluation, and for no other purposes. The license for the Beta Product is a per user license and each personnel of Licensee participating in the Beta Testing will receive a single Beta Product license. Licensee shall not test or otherwise use the Beta Product in a production environment. Alteryx is not responsible for, and reserves the right to remove, any data uploaded or provided by Licensee (“Licensee-Sourced Data”) for use with the Beta Product.

Comments