Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Analytics

News, events, thought leadership and more.
BobL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

CROSSMARK Center for CollaborationLast week we announced that Alteryx is a premier sponsor of the new CROSSMARK Center for Collaboration in Bentonville, AR – right across the street from Walmart headquarters. I had an opportunity to attend the ribbon cutting ceremony and see the center firsthand, and it’s every bit as impressive as this video tour illustrates.

The CROSSMARK Center for Collaboration is the ideal place for Walmart, Sam’s Club, and its entire ecosystem of suppliers to work together on business opportunities and innovative ideas for retailing. Multiple types of rooms spread across over 18K square feet provide the perfect environment for collaboration, from small huddle rooms for impromptu meetings, to larger boardroom-type meeting spaces, to a complete kitchen environment where retail and consumer packaged goods (CPG) companies can view how people use their products.Video wall Each room is stocked with the latest technology to remove any friction in the collaborative process – including flat panel displays for watching videos and presentations, video conferencing products for remote collaboration, and – for those long working sessions – drinks and other snacks to fuel the participants developing the next generation of retail experiences.

Two of the most interesting pieces of technology in the center are a pair of 8’ x 16’ digital walls to simulate a retail environment, or interact with software tools like Alteryx in the most collaborative way possible. We recently released a video that provides an overview of Alteryx with a business user interacting with Alteryx tools reminiscent of the movie, “Minority Report." In the CROSSMARK Center for Collaboration, this view into the future becomes a reality as you can see in this video of Anthony Johnson, a Solutions Engineer at Alteryx, interacting with Alteryx in a way I bet you’ve never seen before.

CROSSMARK awardWe’re proud to be a premier sponsor of the Center for Collaboration and one of the enabling technologies powering the future of the retail and CPG industries through analytics. As our CEO, Dean Stoecker, said in last week’s press release, “More than ever, consumer goods companies face increasing amounts of data. Insights based on this data can lead to more targeted product development, promotions and marketing. Together, [Alteryx and CROSSMARK] are making it a reality, and empowering data analysts with the ability to generate extreme business value through analytics."

With thousands of CPG employees located in Bentonville to support the world’s largest retailer, the potential for a center of this magnitude is limitless. I got a chance to meet many of these retail and CPG leaders last week, and as both a supplier of analytics and a consumer interacting in multiple retail environments, I can’t wait to see what the next-generation of retail coming out of this Center has in store for all of us.