Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Analytics

News, events, thought leadership and more.
Joe_Mako
12 - Quasar

In additional to all the new features and enhancements coming in Alteryx 9.1, we will now be able to append to Tableau Data Extracts (.TDE files). This is especially useful when we want to run the Alteryx process on just newly added records instead of re-running for all the previous processed records.

As Tableau strives to make the lives of analysts easier, so too does Alteryx. Historically I could only create a new TDE or overwrite existing TDE files in Alteryx. With the release of 9.1, I now have the ability to blend the latest data and then append data from a file or a data source directly into an existing TDE file. This means there is no need to reconfigure my Tableau workbook to accommodate for new data.

Whether I am scrapping data from the web or working with large transaction style data, this built-in append feature will make my work of data blending in Alteryx for Tableau a better experience.

When using the Output Data tool to append to an Extract File, there is a new option called "Append Field Map". This allows us to specify the field mapping if the field names coming from the Alteryx stream (Source) do not match the TDE file (Destination).