Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Analytics

News, events, thought leadership and more.
JimmyG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

gp-montage.pngThe Alteryx 2017 Grand Prix finalists are set! A preliminary round tested many drivers’ skills and speed using Alteryx Designer, and 3 finalists have risen to the top. These 3 will compete in front of almost 1,000 conference attendees during the Grand Prix, which takes place on day 1 at Inspire Europe 2017 in London.

The Alteryx Grand Prix is a data analytics “racing” competition, where contestants (drivers) armed with an Alteryx Designer and wit, must solve a series of typical data analytics challenges faster than their competitors. Last year, the inaugural year of the Inspire Europe conference, and the first time the Grand Prix took place in Europe, newly-anointed Alteryx ACE James Dunkerley took home the trophy. Due to rules not allowing ACEs to compete, we are guaranteed a new champion in 2017.

Many people competed but only 3 can advance to the finals. Here are the three individuals who will be participating in the Grand Prix finals in London, as well as their company and affiliated Alteryx User Group:

• Marco Bosman, Infotopics, Amsterdam User Group
  • Jeroen Spoor, Victa, Amsterdam User Group
  • Ben Moss, Information Lab, Midlands User Group

If you need more reasons why Inspire Europe will be a ‘not to miss’ analytics event, here are a few more things to look forward to in London:

• Powerful keynotes that describe how the Alteryx platform is advancing self-service data analytics
  • Learning from data analyst icons who will share their real world insights in customer-led breakout sessions
  • Hands-on product training on topics from Alteryx basics to predictive analytics, to help you hone your skills and become an Icon of Analytics
  • The Solutions Center, where you can get 1:1 answers to your questions from solutions engineers, product managers, and even Alteryx ACEs
  • Networking with other users to learn how Alteryx helps them maximize productivity

Register here for Inspire Europe 2017. And congratulations again to Marco, Jeroen, and Ben!

See you in London!

Jimmy G

Jimmy Garrett
Sales Engineer

Jimmy Garrett is manager on the Sales Engineering team at Alteryx and has been with the company for over 10 years.

Jimmy Garrett is manager on the Sales Engineering team at Alteryx and has been with the company for over 10 years.

Comments
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Congratulations to all of the contestants who competed to qualify in the Grand Prix!  For the 3 finalists, it is an honor (honour) to compete and I wish you the best of luck.  My recommendation for each of you is the same that I gave to @jdunkerley79 last year, have a pint or two during the contest.  

Cheers,

Mark

Marco
8 - Asteroid

Very happy to qualify and looking forward to competing with Jeroen & Ben. Thanks for the advice @MarqueeCrew, I'll probably indulge in it :)

See you in Londen,

Marco