Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

"Unable to allocate memory" when running from SQL Server xp_cmdshell

ryork
5 - Atom

Dear Alteryx Community,

My company has an Alteryx workflow that runs perfectly when executed manually through Designer or through a standard command line by calling the AlteryxEngineCmd.exe. We have a dataflow built through SQL Server with Python connecting the dots (both external python code and inside the Alteryx Python Tool powered by Jupyter Notebook.

With these integrations, we have desire to execute the Python/Alteryx workflow from SQL Server using xp_cmdshell built into a SQL INSERT Trigger to make this truly conditional. The issue is that it seems we get many iterations of the "Unable to allocate memory" error, some of which are duplicated, illustrated below. 

ryork_0-1589375814452.png

Has anyone here experienced these issues when executing from a "different" command line than usual? I'm not sure of any core differences between SQL Server's command line access through xp_cmdshell compared to standard uses, but there must be something to be causing this!

Thanks for your help and this is my first community post as I am very, very new to Alteryx, so please feel free to guide the question and I will give as much information about this issue as I can! 

0 REPLIES 0