Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

how to upload Workflow to my company's Server

MostafaBouzari
8 - Asteroid

hello guys 

I'm new to alteryx so is my Firm.I read so many stuff about publishing and alteryx gallery and server.

1)Could you pls explain to me how i can upload a Workflow to my company's Server

2)Should we have Alteryx Server Installed on our Server?

3)would everything work the same way as Alteryx Designer ?

1 REPLY 1
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hey @MostafaBouzari 

1) From Alteryx Designer you would use the Save As option and once you have configured the connection to your gallery (on the Alteryx Server) then it would save there. 

2) You should build a server and install only Alteryx. You can but I don't recommend running other applications on that same server. Use these instructions: https://help.alteryx.com/20194/server/install-server

3) No, Alteryx Designer and Alteryx Server are different products. Think of Designer as where you build the 'artwork' (workflow) and then the Gallery (on the Alteryx Server) as the art gallery that you hang it. You then can run those workflows from the gallery, automate them, and even share them. The key point around the Alteryx Server is scale and automation. You can handle the work of thousands of people on the server and you can schedule them so they run without a user having to press the button 🙂

Hopefully this helps! If it does consider Accepting this solution so that others on the community can benefit from this post. 

Thanks!

Joshua

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks