Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Windows Authentication error after upgrade from 2019.3 to 2020.1 version

BharathVJ
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I need urgent support in fixing authentication error in alteryx gallery. I upgraded alteryx server from 2019.3 to 2020.1. After upgrade, when I try to log in to gallery, I received following error. I selected windows integrated authentication in configuration. Can someone please help us to fix this error?

BharathVJ_0-1583887710693.png

32 REPLIES 32
Yongcan
8 - Asteroid

2020.2 Major released , is this issue fixed in latest version?

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @Yongcan!

This was fixed in our stable release of 2020.1, which is 2020.1.6, as well as in 2020.2.

I upgraded over the weekend, and also experienced this problem.  We were able to resolve.  The problem is the WindowsIdentity collection on a user's profile is somehow getting removed on initial login after the upgrade.  We found that restoring the WindowsIdentity collection values directly in the MongoDb corrects the issue.  Here are the steps:

1. Open a command prompt on a server that can connect to your Mongo Db
  2. Execute command: cd C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin
  3. Execute command: mongo <Mongo Db server name>:<Mongo Db port number>/AlteryxGallery -u <username> -p <password>
  4. Execute command: db.users.find({"Email":"<email address of affected user>"}).pretty() - Use this result to confirm the WindowsIdentity collection is NULL
  5. Execute command: db.users.update({"Email":"<email address of affected user>"}, {$set: {"WindowsIdentity.Sid":"<Sid of affected user>"}})
  6. Execute command: db.users.update({"Email":"<email address of affected user>"}, {$set: {"WindowsIdentity.DisplayName":"<display name of affected user>"}})
  7. Execute command: db.users.update({"Email":"<email address of affected user>"}, {$set: {"WindowsIdentity.Name":"<name of affected user; this comes from windowsIdentitys.Name field>"}})
  8. Execute command: db.users.update({"Email":"<email address of affected user>"}, {$set: {"WindowsIdentity.SamAccountName":"<SamAccountName of affected user>"}})
  9. Execute command: db.users.find({"Email":"<email address of affected user>"}).pretty() - Use this to confirm the WindowsIdentity collection is populated.

I would recommend contacting Alteryx Support to confirm where to get these values.