Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Windows Authentication error after upgrade from 2019.3 to 2020.1 version

BharathVJ
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I need urgent support in fixing authentication error in alteryx gallery. I upgraded alteryx server from 2019.3 to 2020.1. After upgrade, when I try to log in to gallery, I received following error. I selected windows integrated authentication in configuration. Can someone please help us to fix this error?

BharathVJ_0-1583887710693.png

32 REPLIES 32
JamesHa
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@BharathVJ@joeGade   and all,

Apologies that you are experiencing this issue. Please roll back to your previous version you upgraded from and restore the db.  If you need help with downgrading and restoring the database, please email us at support@alteryx.com.  Development has isolated the issue and we have a workaround that requires robo3t or equivalent software.  Please reach out to support@alteryx.com and we can assist if you would still like to complete the upgrade to 2020.1 after downgrading.

Thank you 

James Dolan-Hall | Principal Technical Account Manager
support@alteryx.com | community.alteryx.com
joeGade
10 - Fireball

@JamesHa  Also When we upgrade from 2019.1 or 2019.*  to 2020.1  The icons on the Gallery for every workflow is missing. 

When we roll back it's working okay .so its upgrade issue. 

When Changing the Authentication from AD to SAML some time it works some times it won't. (On POC to switch Authentication)

JamesHa
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@joeGade Thank you for those notes.  I will pass them on to the dev team.  Anything that comes back from them I will update as I can

prashantkunjir
7 - Meteor

Hi James,

We are still getting the same issue even after this workaround. Alteryx support contacted us, made the change, upgraded to 2020.1.5 and still the login issue is as is.

For other users who are facing this issue, as per Alteryx "WindowsIdentitys" collection name is used as  "WindowsIdentity" in 2020.1 which is why it is giving this error. 

Thanks,

Prashant

JamesHa
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@prashantkunjir Do you have a support ticket open and have you submitted gallery logs from the time of the upgrade?  If so please let me know the case number.  If not could you submit a ticket by emailing support@alteryx.com and then let me know the case number so I can review.  Thanks

prashantkunjir
7 - Meteor
Hi James,

Yes we've case #00335904 open and we've shared logs and other screenshots.

Thanks,
Prashant
jsetlik
6 - Meteoroid

I'm also having the same issue and have opened a ticket.

I can say that this is NOT the case for my install:

jsetlik_0-1587661321533.png

All users that tried to login to the updated gallery absolutely still exist in AD (including myself, the admin) and authentication fails.  Our infrastructure team verified that there are no failed logins in AD, suggesting that the authentication requests are failing within Alteryx Gallery routines and not even making it out to AD.

Very frustrating.

JamesHa
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@jsetlik Sorry for you frustration.  Can you please open a support ticket with support@alteryx.com and attach your Gallery logs from the date of the upgrade.  Default path for those are located here:

Gallery Logs (\ProgramData\Alteryx\Gallery\Logs)

jsetlik
6 - Meteoroid

Hi James,

Already done.

joeGade
10 - Fireball

I think Alteryx has to Pull down 2020.1  from Downloads list ,its waste of time spending on this if there I no fix . Unless its fixed it should not be put into downloads .

How may hours are being wasted for our companies hours in debugging this while we know its an issue .