Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

What causes schedules to "Disable"?

Claje
14 - Magnetar

Hi,

For the second time since implementing 2018.3, I've had workflow schedules suddenly update to a Disabled status on the Gallery, without being changed in any way.  While it is pretty straightforward to re-enable these, it has caused us to miss a few scheduled runs.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what can cause a schedule to switch to a "Disabled" state?

23 REPLIES 23
davidhenington
10 - Fireball

@wildflower Nice job of investigating. This is pretty much what I figured to be the problem. 

I wonder if this has been accepted as a defect? I don't see it listed in the release notes. 

Getting this on Alteryx's radar is key. 

wildflower
8 - Asteroid

I do not believe it has been accepted or addressed either so Server 2019.4.8 will also have this defect. @davidhenington 

Sethmb
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello Everyone, 

Currently, this is a different issue than what was fixed in 19.2.7 and is expected/known behavior - if an user is moved between different studios then it will disable the schedules as @wildflower descibed in a previous post. I did replicate and verified on my 19.4.8, and also tested adding the workflow to the public gallery as suggested, and that seemed to keep them scheduled. If there are additional scenarios where these schedules are becoming disabled and not related to users moving or changing between studios, it would probably be best to either setup a call or suppot ticket so that we can look through the logs. 

Something to keep in mind, is that in upcoming releases - studios/subsciptions are being removed, and it is suggested to begin migrating workflows over to collections, which makes permissions/etc easier to manage given users can belong to multiple collections at one time. More information can be found in the links below. 

https://help.alteryx.com/current/server/subscriptions-studios

https://help.alteryx.com/20201/server/collections-admin-interface

Please let me know if you have any other questions or if I need to clarify anything, thanks!

@davidhenington @wildflower @thedr9wningman

joeGade
10 - Fireball

This is so bad . We had to manually re-schedule 1000 workflows . 

@alteryxsupport and product team , please improve server bugs. .