Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

View Schedules is not updating in Alteryx designer ?

anil_m
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have created a workflow and published in the gallery.   Now I am able to see the workflow in Options->View Schedules. 

Question1:  By default, the workflow saves to disk or Scheduler DB (Mongo DB)?

Later, I have made some changes to the same workflow and saved as a second version. The workflow is updated in the gallery with version2 and I was able to run it.

Now when I go to the  Options->View Schedules, I still see the workflow name with version1.  But the result count increases.

Question2:  Is Options->View Schedules always have the initial version of workflow or it is supposed to update to the latest version of the workflow.

Now, I have deleted the workflow in the gallery,  I am still able to see the workflow in Options->View Schedules.

Question3: Options->View Schedules will always contain the workflows even if we delete the workflows in the gallery?

Regards,

Anil

1 REPLY 1
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@anil_m

Question 1: Scheduled workflow on the Gallery will use the Mongo DB and NOT Disc.

Questions 2: We do not display the version of the workflow in the Scheduler section, we only publish the name. If you named it version 1 in the Scheduler Name, then it will stay version 1. The workflow that is run is the one that is published, so if you added a new version of the workflow to the gallery the Scheduler will run that new version.

Questions 3: The Scheduler view will not run the workflow if you have removed it from the Gallery. When the workflow attempts to run it will error.

Thanks