Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Unable to setup Controller/Worker - Settings Validation Error

MarijaNB
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I am having an issue. I am trying to setup via System Settings worker/controller so I can schedule refresh of workflows via my computer avoiding server use.

When I go to system settings and when I setup all stuff I am getting:

Alteryx Configuration: Finalize your configuration

Settings Validation Error

Alteryx Service failed to initialize, likely due to inconsistent RuntimeSettings.xml file:
Unable to start Queue service, insufficient license

I have also checked Task Manager and I see my Alteryx Service stopped. I have also tried to investigate how much applications  using the port 80 but I can see only one.

What I can do more regarding this so I can setup this properly?

Thank you and BR,

Marija

3 REPLIES 3
coderockride
8 - Asteroid

I have the same issue. Did anyone ever get back to you on this?

Ludokoelman
5 - Atom

Hi Marija,

I was having the same issue, exact same error message. Though the error message isn't very clear, it turned out it does show what the problem is: insufficient license

When installing Alteryx Designer + Scheduler, you get a license key for each product. After activating both keys (i.e. activating the automation key which I forgot to include when starting to use Alteryx Designer)  I was able to save the settings and use the scheduler.

Did / does that solve the problem for you as well?

josephkarl
5 - Atom

The setting up the controller is not happening and the server issue is there which is holding the set up of the controller and the server connection is not getting established.

outlook 0x8004010f