Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Strange 2018.4 Behavior? Messages pre-populate?

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Anyone else notice in 2018.4 that when you drag a module onto a blank canvas, the first thing that happens is the messages window pre-populates with all the info about all the tools in the module?  In some cases, it takes up to a few seconds.  Kind of annoying.  Wonder if it's only me.

5 REPLIES 5
scottj
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Try disabling the Auto Configure in the Advanced Tab of the User Settings.  This will stop Alteryx from auto validating/updating tools as they are dropped.  This should speed it up for you.

Scott Jones
Strategic Sales Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi Scott,

Yes, that is true, but do you have any insight as to why 2018.3 didn't do this, but 2018.4 does (assuming it can be recreated)?

scottj
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I can re-create it, but I do not know what was changed on the backend to cause it.  Looking at the Release Notes, it does not mention it specifically, but one of these fixes could be the culprit.

Scott Jones
Strategic Sales Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Great, thanks for confirming it's not just me :)

How do I submit it as what I'll call a possible unintended consequence? Not a huge deal, but I think it should at least be put on list somewhere.
scottj
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You can send an email to support to generate a ticket.

Scott Jones
Strategic Sales Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.