Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Store form result from the public gallery to a shared file

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Dear Community,

I have a simple form (Analytics app) that I want to share with my users using Alteryx public gallery after the user respond I want to store the result into a shared file like google sheet.
I have installed the google sheet output tool however when I try to connect, I get the error below:

messi007_0-1592648451884.png

Is there any other solution in order to make the public gallery store result in a shared file.

Below a simple workflow for my forms:

messi007_1-1592648542977.png

Many thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,

1 REPLY 1
Sethmb
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @messi007 

For this to work, there are a few options. 

If you are going to be using your standard Google login to gain access, you will need to upgrade to Designer 2020.2. There were some updates that were needed and this should resolve the Unauthorized user. If upgrading is not an easy process or will take time, you can use the Oauth login method, but you will need to create your own credentials. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-to-retrieve-the-Client-ID-and-S...

This article has a guide on how to do this, there is an update needed for one step however. The part where it says you need to select Other as the mandatory field, this will need to be Desktop App. This was a recent change by Google, and we are working on getting everything updated. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions or errors