Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Set schedule run workflow after ALL other workflows finish

huynv96
9 - Comet

Hi everyone,

I have a workflow will be run in server after ALL others workflows finish.

-----workflow_1-----

-----workflow_2-----

-----workflow_3-----

--------------------workflow_4------->

for example, workflow 4 will run after all 1,2,3 finish. And workflow_1,2,3 can be run in parallel in server to optimize time. I have searched to find solution but there is only run sequel wf_1 --> wf_2 --> wf_3 --> wf_4 by using CReW.

Do you have advice for me. Thanks

14 REPLIES 14
huynv96
9 - Comet

Hi @afv2688 ,

One more question to solve this, please help me!

How should I set  if conditional to run or not run a container/app in this case?

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello huynv96,

Depending on what is going to be the trigger for that activation. If you are talking about the existing files you could use the command to trigger the action tool which is FileExist(). This is a boolean and check on an existing path is the file is there or not.

Test it on a workflow and check if it helps you.

Regards

huynv96
9 - Comet

Yes, I mean about build tool in alteryx designer. Can I active/deactive a container to do this?

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello huynv96,

Yes for sure! Here is a simple example where I pass the condition:

Untitled.png

Take into account, that the activation and deactivation of tools- containers can only be achieved within macros, meaning that an incoming condition from an upper leverl workflow-macro is the only way (that I am aware of) to do this. You cannot deactivate on a condition a container within the same workflow.

Hope I have explained myself correctly.

Regards

huynv96
9 - Comet

Hi @afv2688 ,

Yesterday, I build a chained app follow your guide however it did not work well.

app 1 -> app 2, in app 2, i set an event to sent me an email after run.

I uploaded app 1 to Alteryx server (manager asset: app 2 was checked) and I set schedule to run. My output data would be stored in database. But I did not have data and receive email yet. It seems like only app 1 was be run.

Are there any difference or notes between schedule app and workflow in server? How can I check my app is running or not? Because I saw that when run workflow, the progress will be appear in workflow result tab, But I run app, it show a message "If you close this tab, you need to start over". And sometime app have input before run.

I just run manually, error:

Capture.PNG

My workflow requires hours