Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Server Upgrade from v11.3 to v2018.4

KJennings
9 - Comet

Good Morning,

Our location is currently on Alteryx 11.3, Tableau 2018.1.

If our intent is to upgrade Alteryx to v2018.4,  Are we able to do that in one upgrade leap (11.3 > 2018.4) or will we need to install intermediate versions to get there? ex.: 11.3 > 2018.1 > 2014.4

Thanks,

Kevin J

3 REPLIES 3
scottj
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Check out this Knowledge Base on upgrading.

Keep in mind there will be some major changes it references, including how Alteryx is licensed (moving to Flexera).  There will also be an update to MongoDB, so it is always recommended to back everything up.

Scott Jones
Strategic Sales Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.
KJennings
9 - Comet

HI @scottj,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question.  I've read that document you referenced and many others I've found linked to it or through other community pages.  They all seem to circumvent my original question.  

Can an upgrade be executed by leaping from v11.3 to v2018.4, or is there a requirement to include any version in between?  

Thank you,

kj

scottj
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Sorry for the confusion.  There is no requirement to install mid-versions before jumping to the most recent version.  I do sometimes suggest it on large deployments (Multiple servers, Connect, Promote), to make sure everything works at each step.  This is also sometimes an IT requirement internally, so make sure to check with the powers that be on your corporate preferences.

Scott Jones
Strategic Sales Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.