Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Server Functionality Question

Jasdev
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have a functionality related question. Right now I just have alteryx desktop license. I am talking with my organization related to server license. The requirements I have is I have a complex job that I have created which we want to make a nightly run job. The server license would give me a freedom to schedule job based on time but I am confused would that also be running in my system or somewhere in the server?

I am sorry I might be asking a very lame question but I am kinda confused with it. I dont want that alteryx workflow/job to run my system rather it should be auto scheduled to run in server. Would that be possible? 

4 REPLIES 4
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Jasdev Good question! Alteryx Server would be something you/your organization setup on a separate machine that would be always on and allow you to run scheduled jobs overnight. Nothing would be running on your machine. You would "connect" your designer to the server which allows you to save workflows to the server. Then you would use the Alteryx gallery to access your server and schedule the job on the server. 

Jasdev
8 - Asteroid

Oh perfect. This answers my question, I hope it would be easy to do the setup for everything, like scheduling and moving jobs on the server. 

Thanks.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Jasdev Setting up the server initially took some time as no one on my team knows anything about MongoDB which is what the Alteryx Server is built on. Once it's set up, it's been a breeze to interact with.

Jasdev
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @patrick_digan . Once I have the license, I'll try to set it up by exploring all possible options. If I'll be stuck, I'll post another query to seek help.