Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Scheduling Start and Stop times for Workflows

I would like to see the enhancement of being able to schedule a start and stop time for specific jobs that need to run multiple times per day, so they don't run during the nightly backup periods of the Alteryx server. This can cause the daily backups of the Alteryx Gallery to fail. Currently SQL Server Management Studio/SQL Server has the function to able to schedule start and stop times for specific job. Currently Scheduler page on Alteryx Gallery/Server lacks this feature.

SQL Server Management Studio

mackedet_0-1590532280855.png

Schedules on Alteryx Gallery/Server

mackedet_1-1590532639645.png

15 Comments
jtwmoore
8 - Asteroid

Adding my support for this idea--this is necessary to avoid running workflows during server maintenance windows.

GoldenDesign04
8 - Asteroid

Very much needed! 

Diane29615
5 - Atom

Very Much needed.

BonusCup
10 - Fireball

Thank you for posting this.  It would be a great feature.

revathi
8 - Asteroid

+1

ice_cow
5 - Atom

Yes, the ability to do lower frequency of jobs during the night / weekends, etc is a glaring omission to me. Windows Task Scheduler / SQL Server Scheduler should be bare minimum that the scheduler should be able to do in the Galley / Controller.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi all!

Thank you for your feedback and idea! It's great to see such a large amount of engagement on an idea in such a short time frame. This idea looks good to go in regards to content and use case, though further input is always appreciated so our product team can fully grasp the usefulness of a future and expand upon it if needed. For anyone who hasn't checked out our Submission Guidelines yet, they go over the idea board process and I recommend giving it a look.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepted

Thank you for contributing to the idea board!

Our Server product team was able to review this idea and include it on our current product road map! While we cannot provide a timeline or ETA on when this feature will be completed we'll do our best to update this idea when possible.

Soxfaninfl
8 - Asteroid

Thank you very much!

dpush
6 - Meteoroid

I know this is already accepted (which is great!), but in case it helps getting this bumped up on that roadmap: some of us have been wanting this since 2018 🙂

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server/Alteryx-Scheduler-Hourly-Schedule-With-Intraday-Star...