Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Schedule report to run on last business day

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

I need to schedule a report to run on the last business day of the month.  I know there aren't easy options for this.  I was hoping to use the custom schedule.  Based on what I see in the custom scheduler, I think I need to setup 12 custom schedules, one for each month.  Is that right?  Thanks in advance.  

13 REPLIES 13
FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

I misunderstood your response on the schedule.  Makes sense now that I reread everything.  I like the idea of using the event trigger rather than the macro, and I found this post on setting up the commands -- https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/Scheduling-Workflows-Using-Event-Run-....  

Thank you for all of the suggestions.  Very much appreciated!

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

No worries! I'm glad I could help.

jgolemo
5 - Atom

Hey there. I am interested in this solution. I created an alteryx module that takes my company's calendar and then determines whether or not today is a specific business day. The output of that module is a test tool that indicates whether or not that is the case. I then have another workflow that should only run if the above module outputs a true statement. I use a Conditional Runner tool, but for some reason it is still running the workflow. Can you possibly post your solution, or a sample solution that shows how you are using Conditional Runner to execute on a specified day? Thanks!

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Ultimately, I just wrote if logic with hard coded dates and a filter tool.