Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Salesforce connector : where are the credentials?

msantoso
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone, 

I'm running a workflow in which there is a Salesforce connector. I'd like to know whether this connector is pointing to the sandbox or the production org. 

does anyone of you know where I can find this information? 

thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Paulteryx
11 - Bolide

If you open the workflow and click on the Salesforce tool, you should see the URL. In the use case where I've connected to SalesForce you could tell based on the URL if you were connected to the sandbox or live.

msantoso
8 - Asteroid

hi Paulteryx, 

thank you for your answer. 

when I click on the tool, I can see the Query builder but no url. I attached a snapshot

thank you 

Paulteryx
11 - Bolide

Ahhhh, I see what you're talking about now. The SalesForce tools are built on HTML 5 and the log in screen goes away once valid credentials have been incorporated. That said, I believe you may be able to access your credentials from the RawXML view that you can get from Alteryx. Go to Options-->User Settings-->Edit User Settings. Under here you will click on the Advanced tab and then select  "Display XML in Properties Window"

Now click on the canvas and then when you click on the SalesForce tool again you will notice an icon in the left hand panel of your configuration window that looks like </>. Click on that icon and see if you can view your credentials. Note: best case scenario is that you will be able to see the URL and username. The password is likely to be encrypted and not available for viewing.

msantoso
8 - Asteroid

Hi Paulteryx,

thank you for your help

the hint you gave me does help me indeed!

although the window does not show the url, I can see the login name and deduce the org.

thank you again and have a good day!