Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Restored Mongodb folder from backup. Restore is successfully didnt override workflows

DD266
5 - Atom

I took a backup of mongodump on Dev environment which has two workflows. After the backup is successfully completed . Created a new work flow. Now i restored the old backup which has two work flows successfully. But on the Gallery im able to view 3 work flows that i created after backup.

As per my understanding restore should override the work flow and there should be only two work flows.

Can someone please help

3 REPLIES 3
DD266
5 - Atom

@AlteryxTeam Any update on this question.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @DD266,

A recommendation that might help is to try restarting your Alteryx Service. If the backup was named the same this should help reset the Server to only look at the correct folder that you brought up. If they folders have a different naming scheme though you will need to update your system settings to point to the correct folder.

This article covers most of the process so I would recommend making sure you did all the steps outlined.

Also another options is this may be due to a caching issue on your browser. CTRL-F5 on everything but Internet Explorer should clear your cache, on Internet Explorer the best way to check if it's a caching issue is to bring up an 'incognito' or 'safe' browser.

Able to resolve the  issue. Changed the restore to the root folder(Right above the admin folder) of Alteryx backup.   You mentioned folder, verify if it has same path in designer that helped me to verify the folders on the restore and Backup path.Thank You for your response.