Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Query the Gallery MongoDB for text?

cannonesite
5 - Atom

Background:

Ultimately, we are trying to replace an input file that is used in a large number of workflows/apps that we have saved on gallery. Assume that the files are only saved on gallery - no backups. Also assume that there are far too many workflows to replace the input file one by one. 

We have a gallery set up, and can access the associated mongoDB through Compass. My assumption was, since the workflow files are just a flavor of XML, that we should be able to search through the ones on gallery for specific lines of text in the file - say, a specific dependency or for a certain tool.  However, when we access the DB through compass, it looks like the files are all stored as binary.

My question:

First off - just to be sure - which collection in the DB are gallery workflows stored? I want to make sure I am even looking at the right collection. 

If these apps/workflows are stored in binary in the DB, then is there a way to search through them for specific text?

1 REPLY 1
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @cannonesite ,

This might get you started:  https://help.alteryx.com/current/server/mongodb-schema-reference

I often use the Mongo DB Input  tool on the Connectors tool palate to parse through the mongo data.  I make use of a lot of the RegEx tools as well, and the Service Data Parser macro is a big help too.  This can be found on the licensing site under server (download the server usage package - you'll basically be building your own extracts from mongo):
2020-06-15 09_07_21-Window.png

I gave a presentation last Inspire on some stuff I do with Mongo - the slides are here:
https://www.slideshare.net/Alteryx/make-analytics-music-with-mongo-for-gallery-usage-metrics?qid=685...

Hopefully that should get you on the right path!