Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Query Alteryx Database for workflow execution

Zimo
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Alteryx Gurus,

I need to get access to when a certain job is executed on the Alteryx Server, so I am wondering if there is a way to query Alteryx Server database for this matter, also would be great if there is resource about the data schema adopted. 

Regards,

Zimo. 

6 REPLIES 6
BrianR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi - if you are looking to see the status of a job (scheduled workflow), if you are a Curator, you can log on to the Server Admin portal and view the Jobs tab - That should show you all active jobs, and when they are scheduled for execution. Also, check out the Server Usage Report - you can download this from the download portal...that workflow will allow you to look at this information over a certain period, such as last 30 days.

Zimo
6 - Meteoroid

Hi - thanks for the input, I don't know those access actually, I am pretty new to Alteryx. However, I am looking for something more systematic, I need to figure out a way to query Alteryx database to know at a given time whether a certain job is executed or not, and based on the latest run time, I will do stuff differently in other systems. Does that make sense toy you? Does Alteryx have the ability to support this task? 

Thanks,

Zimo. 

BrianR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Take a look at the Alteryx Gallery API (the url will be http://<yourserverurl>/gallery/api-docs/#admin) - you should be able to capture the status of a given job, and the API results will indicate the Status, and disposition (i.e., Running, Completed, and whether or not the job was Successful or not). I believe that might be what you are looking for.

Zimo
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks Brian, that would work but not exactly I am looking for. I am more leaning toward some kind of database access rather than API. But I will try that out. thanks a lot. 

BrianR
Alteryx
Alteryx

In addition, take a read through this post, it discusses a bit about the schema, and also a recommendation on that Server Usage Report as a guide to get started with querying MongoDB.

Zimo
6 - Meteoroid

Really appreciate your help! This is exactly what I am looking for!