Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Query Alteryx Database for workflow execution

Zimo
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Alteryx Gurus,

I need to get access to when a certain job is executed on the Alteryx Server, so I am wondering if there is a way to query Alteryx Server database for this matter, also would be great if there is resource about the data schema adopted. 

Regards,

Zimo. 

6 REPLIES 6
BrianR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi - if you are looking to see the status of a job (scheduled workflow), if you are a Curator, you can log on to the Server Admin portal and view the Jobs tab - That should show you all active jobs, and when they are scheduled for execution. Also, check out the Server Usage Report - you can download this from the download portal...that workflow will allow you to look at this information over a certain period, such as last 30 days.

Zimo
6 - Meteoroid

Hi - thanks for the input, I don't know those access actually, I am pretty new to Alteryx. However, I am looking for something more systematic, I need to figure out a way to query Alteryx database to know at a given time whether a certain job is executed or not, and based on the latest run time, I will do stuff differently in other systems. Does that make sense toy you? Does Alteryx have the ability to support this task? 

Thanks,

Zimo. 

BrianR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Take a look at the Alteryx Gallery API (the url will be http://<yourserverurl>/gallery/api-docs/#admin) - you should be able to capture the status of a given job, and the API results will indicate the Status, and disposition (i.e., Running, Completed, and whether or not the job was Successful or not). I believe that might be what you are looking for.

Zimo
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks Brian, that would work but not exactly I am looking for. I am more leaning toward some kind of database access rather than API. But I will try that out. thanks a lot. 

BrianR
Alteryx
Alteryx

In addition, take a read through this post, it discusses a bit about the schema, and also a recommendation on that Server Usage Report as a guide to get started with querying MongoDB.

Zimo
6 - Meteoroid

Really appreciate your help! This is exactly what I am looking for!