Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Pushing Data into Alteryx thru Web service

Antony89anto
7 - Meteor

Dears

I am not sure this is the right place for this question. But, help me with the below. 

Use Case:

There is a portal from which end users will apply for certain benefit. Once portal receives user data, thru web services it will send user data to Alteryx immediately. Alteryx should receive  this information , parse and perform set of Filtration and  return information back to portal quickly with the result whether end user is eligible for benefit. This process should be done in a minute or two. 

Alteryx filtration will not take more than 20 seconds. However, I don't know whether Alteryx can receive data whenever there is a push from Portal web service and how to respond with results. 

I have attached a flow for reference. 

Thanks

Antony

1 REPLY 1
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Antony89anto,

As far as I know, there is no funtion in alteryx to call processes on a push way. For this you would need an external program/scritp to execute the alteryx process.

Maybe using a csript or a python one could be the way? If you can and are willing to and is a valid solution then yes, you could call the alteryx process on it to run the workflow.

In a command prompt you would need to call it like this:

"C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxEngineCmd.exe" "Your_Workflow_Here.yxmd"

Regards