Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Pulling the user info into the app from who ran it on the gallery

The_Dev_Kev_Env
9 - Comet

HI All,

I am hoping this is a silly question and there if a variable/constant I can drop into the workflow for this, but I want to bring the username of who is running the app into the workflow to dictate how the workflow runs. Does anyone know what that variable might be?

Workarounds I'd like to steer clear from:

- Handling the authentication through manually maintained authentication tables that I am comparing parameters I give the user (user, pw) . Clunky and multiple areas of authentication.

- Changing configuration of gallery to prompt for credentials before running app. I believe this would also require us granting privileges on the server to run apps for each user we would do this for. And I still think I'd have to use some run command to get that user info.

Any answers here are appreciated!

Best,

Kevin

25 REPLIES 25
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Sure, here you go.  Just replace the host & PW in the mongo inputs.  The app / module names as they appear in the gallery are in there.

DeepakTyagi
8 - Asteroid

Do you mind sharing these workflows ( user to Collection  )

DeepakTyagi
8 - Asteroid

this workflow does not work correctly

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @DeepakTyagi ,

Do you mean YXMD1 isn't working correctly?  What are the errors?  What are the configurations you're using?  

DeepakTyagi
8 - Asteroid

In the transpose tool the Data Fields are not selected ( i am not sure which ones to select to I selected all) and following that Filter tools is looking to filter for the criteria Right([Name2],6)=='UserID' && !IsEmpty([Value])

Right([Name2],6)=='UserID' && !IsEmpty([Value])

but there is UserID suffix in any of the fields.After  that it is summarizing on CollectionId which is missing , So i am not sure if I am understanding it wrong or there is any missing information

DeepakTyagi
8 - Asteroid

can you please share the workflow that could provide me with User to Collections mapping

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

The workflow posted (YXMD1) will do that for you.  In order to help you trouble shoot, I'd have to see your configurations of the Mongo tools.  Do you have data coming out of the Mongo tools?

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

If it's just the transpose tool giving you trouble, you want to select CollectionID & Name on the top, and then everything EXCEPT those two on the bottom.  If your mongo configurations are working, that should do the trick.

2020-02-26 14_53_17-alteryxpnv01 - Remote Desktop Connection.jpg

Jithendra
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Did you get any solution for this. I am also looking for a solution to get the collection information from where the app is being run from.

Jithendra
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

It would be great if you can provide the workflow which you are using to get all these combination of data.

Thank you,

Jithendra.