Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Publishing Insights with Drilldown

anthony_fiel
7 - Meteor

Designer Version:  2019.2.7.63499

Server Version:  2020.1

I'm getting some strange behavior when I publish to Gallery.  When I'm creating insights with some drill-downs inside of designer everything looks good and drill-downs working as supposed to.  But when I publish it to the gallery, the scale of one of the drill-downs blows up.  When I drill all the way down it looks like the numbers are ok, but year and month view something definitely going weird.  Anyone have anything similar happen? 

anthony_fiel_1-1593107583555.png

5 REPLIES 5
EricWe
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @anthony_fiel

Please contact support@alteryx.com. It would be helpful to review this issue in a WebEx meeting. 

anthony_fiel
7 - Meteor

I have contacted support with case number 00351738.  Just on waiting on a reply

anthony_fiel
7 - Meteor

Just got off the phone with someone from the support team, and it seems to be an issue with the 2020.1 server version.  

There will be a defect created on their end, but from what I gathered there won't be a fix until a future release.  This is a bummer to me, as I've wanted to create/use the interactive dashboards and drill down functionality of the server.  

If you too are trying to utilize these features I would recommend holding off going to 2020 Server until the issue is fixed.  When we had tested these in the 2019 version, all seemed to work well.

anthony_fiel
7 - Meteor

Just an update.  The support team has noted the defect is worse than thought.  It does not have to do with the server, but insights themselves.

"any attempt to edit the Insight after it is created will break the drilldown" 

So if you want insights with drilldowns in version 2020, it's a no-go so far.

anthony_fiel
7 - Meteor

For anyone interested, the Alteryx Devs are planning to fix this issue in version 2021.2, which is Q2 of this year.