The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Project documentation stored along with the Alteryx Project

As Alteryx leans more into the Data Science space - it becomes more important to be able to keep rich documentation of the project along with the Alteryx Asset.    This does also require the concept of a "project" on the alteryx server, which would allow for meta-tags; and various different documents to be added with the project.

This would include things like Requirement documents; test evidence; test data sets etc.

This would extend Alteryx from a data prep engine to more of a data-science workbench as different user groups can participate in a specific project.

3 Comments
jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Comments in line are one thing, but to Sean's point, having SOW and requirements and external notes really help document the entire process.

Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

This opens up a whole can of worms for me that I love. I could find myself leaving all sorts of artifacts in here. For example if we are migrating things from some other software to Alteryx, it would be nice to attach old SQL files, etc. 

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Under Review

Thank you for your feedback! This feature is under consideration for a future release and our Predictive team is currently researching the technical requirements to understand if or when we would be able to implement this feature. We'll update this idea again on when or if we'll be able to add this feature once we have completed this preliminary research.