Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Permanently Delete Workflow Results

chrisha
11 - Bolide

Hey fellow Server users,

when I run a workflow/app in the gallery or through the scheduler on the server, the results of the workflow remain stored on the server. Obviously, so I can still download the results later.

Currently, we have a project where we need to make sure that no data is kept longer than necessary on any server other than the primary storage. Which brings me to the question:

If I delete an entry from the "Workflow Results" page, is the results data permanently removed from the server machine? Or is there a copy stored somewhere in the server's MongoDB or filesystem? If so, is there a way to make sure the data is deleted at some point?

Couldn't find anything definitive in the community yet, so I appreciate some insight from you!

Best

Christopher

1 REPLY 1
dataMack
12 - Quasar

Yes- the server admin has several 'Persistence Options' available in the Controller section of system settings to set the delete timings for things like results, schedules and uploaded files.