Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Server Ideas

Share your Server product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

License holder reporting

Currently when I log into the Gallery, I can see all of the users who are using license keys assigned to me.  I would love to be able to run some reports on usage and activation date as well as export the list of users to excel/csv.

-Dan

6 Comments
rej
7 - Meteor

I second this request.  As an administrator of Alteryx Server and Designer at a large organization, I need a way to easily extract all consumers of my licenses on a regular basis.  It doesn't appear today I can do this through either the online License Portal, or through the offline License Server.

JohnPelletier
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

We have moved beyond this model of license management. Please speak to your support representative to understand how to manage your licenses through the latest methods. 

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Not Planned

Please see John Pelletier's response above. (Below? It's in this thread.)

rej
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the reply @JohnPelletier and @CristonS .  Unfortunately, I don't think the replies address my concern.  I have spoken to my account manager and a support manager on this topic, and the only thing they offered was to send me a CSV extract on a regular basis of my licenses.  That is not an acceptable solution for automating reporting on my license usage.  Is there another option which they have not conveyed to me?

JohnPelletier
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@rej  I was mistaken on the timelines for license management improvements.

We are looking into a better way to manage licenses and you will see improvements here at some point. I don't represent this area of focus, so my information is limited.

We also are working on having better usage telemetry available to you in a near-future release, where you will be able to gather your own internal (not sent to Alteryx) telemetry, showing relationships between designer license number and email of the Designer user when they run a workflow.  You can (in theory) use that customer-private telemetry to create your daily list of designer users and their licenses. Hopefully that will help bridge the gap until improved licensing is available.

rej
7 - Meteor

Thank you for the response @JohnPelletier .  The future enhancements sound promising, and I look forward to leveraging them!