Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Interactive Charts not displaying when workflow run on the server (but are from desktop)

AlexBell
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I have thoroughly searched the community for a similar posting and can't find anything.  I am rendering a report at the end of my workflow which includes a few interactive charts as a PCXML file.  A couple of weeks ago the charts were displaying when the report was run on the server but now they aren't.  The PCXML file displays them when run on the local / desktop version.  I don't own the server but wondered if there is a setting I can point out to the owner that needs to be turned on so charts will be displayed?

Many thanks in advance for any ideas... it's just the report looks so much better with the charts displayed...

6 REPLIES 6
PeterA1
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @AlexBell do you have a screenshot of the render tool?  If you choose to "Choose specific Output File",  and then just type in as the path: "output.pcxml" , does it render? I just tried on my end and was able to get an example to work. Let me know.

AlexBell
5 - Atom

@PeterA1 Thank you very much for your reply. 

I made the changes you suggested and uploaded it but still no rendering on the server.   I've now changed the charts to static and they now appear on the report when it renders on the server.  It is a shame they aren't interactive but at least they are rendering.  

Hub119
8 - Asteroid

@PeterA1

Was a solution ever discovered to this issue or is this now just a known existing issue with Server?  I am experiencing the same problem with an application that was deployed to our internal Gallery a few months ago.  At the time, all of the interactive charts rendered without a problem in the preview pcxml composer file when run on the Gallery.  Now however, just as @AlexBell stated, the interactive charts render in the composer file when I run locally via Designer but nothing shows up when run on the Gallery.  Furthermore, I have noticed that this problem extends a bit further even on my local machine in that I can render to .pcxml, but as soon as I go to save as an HTML file to share with someone that doesn't have a Designer license, again the interactive charts do not display.

Here is an example of what I get when I run this locally in Designer:

Hub119_4-1596556285223.png

But then this is what happens when I try to save to HTML (from the PCXML file) to share:

Hub119_2-1596556099709.png

Or when I try to run this on the Gallery:

Hub119_3-1596556216350.png

Again, none of these issues existed in the past but I am not sure when they first cropped up... if it was with the current version of 2020.2 (these were originally built and deployed on 2020.1) or if this is because of something else.  Any insight into remedying this issue (without having to resort to static charts) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cory

MariaSo
5 - Atom

I have the same problem, is there a way to solve this ? 

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

This is a defect and has been noted by Alteryx (DE24958 - "Charting & Insights | Charts not rendering in Gallery").

jineshnp31
8 - Asteroid

Hi, do you know if this was ever resolved? I am on 2022.3.1 and facing the same issue.

Thanks in advance!