Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Gallery user - can not reset password

patrickk79
7 - Meteor

I have a user that does not remember their password.  

If the user attempts the Forgot Password link from the Sign In screen, the following message is displayed:  "You cannot change your password because you have not signed up for an account. Please sign up for a new account instead."

Clicking on the "Reset Password" button in the Admin's Edit User screen receives the same message:  "You cannot change your password because you have not signed up for an account. Please sign up for a new account instead."

To the best of my knowledge the user exists (I can see it in the Admin's user screen).

One login attempt did receive an alternate message of: "You must complete the signup process before signing in."

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
KoryC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @patrickk79 - have the user attempt to sign-up using the same email address they are using the login. It sounds like the user account may be a "pending" user account - this is an account that will be created when something like a collection is shared with someone who has been invited, but hasn't yet created their own account yet. These users show up in the system, but aren't fully created yet (still requiring that the user provide their own password during registration).

Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue.

patrickk79
7 - Meteor

I also had to adjust the number of seats the user was assigned before the Sign Up would work.

EdP
Alteryx
Alteryx

If you are using Built-in Auth and have a "pending" user and they can't reset their password and the Admin can't send them a password rest from the Server > Admin > Users > user-name > Reset Password button, please contact Customer Support for assistance clearing the "pending" flag directly in MongoDB.

Ed Phelps
Sr CSE
Alteryx