Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Gallery search doesn't work

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Is there a trick to getting the Gallery search function to work properly?  I have a workflow entitled "Completions Output Workflow 04-17 BULK".  Searching "Completions" doesn't find it.  Neither does searching "bulk" or "BULK".  Searching "output" does find it?  Can someone explain this?  Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Just to add that this is something I frequently encounter as well - the search function is definitely in need of some work.

Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@danielbrun2 I mentioned this problem at Inspire and you had mentioned that it might be a problem with Mongo? Are you familiar with anyone else having this issue? 

Just to note, I am also having this problem @FreeRangeDingo

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

We aren't using Mongo at all in our environment, so I don't think it's related.

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi,

This is usually due to broken indexes on the Alteryx Gallery. I would recommend contacting support in order to have the proper instructions. Btw. Alteryx Server is using mongoDB, so you have at least one in your environment.

However if you feel confident you can do the following:

1. Backup mongoDB (just to be on the safe side) - https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/Alteryx-Server-Backup-amp-Recovery-Pa...
  2. Check the following table: commandQueueItems in mongoDB - it should be empty. I normally use Robomongo to connect. See how to connect here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/What-databases-are-available-in-MongoD...
  3. Repair indexes with the attached flow - you need to input you controller token

Hope this solves your issue.

Best regards,

Daniel

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Thanks for that info.  Our admin just left the company.  As soon as we get a new one, we'll try to implement this solution.  Much appreciated.

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

You are welcome - let me know if you need additional help with server or in general.

Best regards,

Daniel

Newstart2020
7 - Meteor

Hi @

I am quite new to the Alteryx Gallery.

Can you let me know how the app helps to recreate the indexes??

Is it just the controller token we need to input??

Also do we run this workflow as an app with the option Rebuid??

Whats is check locks and Free locks?

Would be very helpful if there is a documentation to describe what the workflow does..

Thanks again

SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Newstart2020 as this requires direct changes to the backend database of your server, we suggest that you work with one of the Support Engineers to confirm this is the cause of your issue and provide steps to resolve. You can contact support here.

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi,

There can be many reasons why the indexes are not working and as Sophia suggest I would consider working with someone to resolve the issue. Did you get the issue resolved? If not I would be happy to jump on a call and have a look.

Locks - there are 2 tables in the MongoDB that can cause locks. Theses can be cleaned out (Again I would suggest having someone experienced on your side while doing it)

No official documentation on the issue, unfortunately - fortunately, AYX Support are really good at helping out.