Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Gallery search doesn't work

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Is there a trick to getting the Gallery search function to work properly?  I have a workflow entitled "Completions Output Workflow 04-17 BULK".  Searching "Completions" doesn't find it.  Neither does searching "bulk" or "BULK".  Searching "output" does find it?  Can someone explain this?  Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
raychase
11 - Bolide

When I've encountered search issues, I noticed a lock file had been generated within the AlteryxGallery_Lucene database. After removing that, cleaning up the commandQueueItems collection, and running the Lucene Database Reindexer, the search functionality was back to normal. Support should be able to walk you through it, as it's a very simple process.

Newstart2020
7 - Meteor

Thanks @sofia @Daniel @Asteroid.

I have raised a support job with alteryx and waiting for their response so that i can work along with our server admin here

Thank You

CharlesW
5 - Atom

2024 this is still an issue.

I don't understand after 6 years of working in the gallery this is still an issue.  

We're not all server admins with access directly to the Mongo DB. No software should ever need direct access to the DB to clean, unlock, re-index anything.

This seems like a early software issue that should have been resolved a long time ago.

So why hasn't the software been updated to either not cause the issue at all or at least if you can't fix it,  auto re-index the mongo db nightly by now?

Why is manually re-indexing the mongo DB the solution still in 2024?