Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Errors Validating Workflow: Cannot access the folder

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Today I am a "typical" user.  I'm saving a workflow and received an error message when validating the workflow.  The symptom that I see is that the validation doesn't have access to the data accessed within the workflow.  My userid does have access.  In fact, i can run the workflow without error.  Each time that I save the workflow, I receive the error message.  My assumption is that the validation uses a default ID on the server rather than the credentials of my userid.

Capture.PNG

If I'm missing something, please let me know.

cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
3 REPLIES 3
Paulteryx
11 - Bolide

I believe you are correct in your assumption. There are multiple stages in an upload to a server. 

1. Package the workflow and assets

2. Save it in the MongoDb

3. Unpackage the workflow and assets

4. Execute the workflow in the Service layer with a single dummy value for validation

5. Report success or failure based on validation.

Since the run happens in the Alteryx Service layer on the Server that is hosting the Gallery, it will be subject to the access rights of the credentials entered under Run As in the Alteryx System Settings of that particular Alteryx Server instance.

Paulteryx
11 - Bolide

That moment when your reply gets accepted as the solution by @MarqueeCrew  

Image result for mind blown meme

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

LOL.  It is what I expected.  I will wait to see if this goes away naturally before suggesting an idea.  My client wants to avoid the RunAs user and keep permissions to a minimum.  I don't remember this behavior but today I am a normal user.  As the user persona goes, i had a question, took a view, wrote to community and went on with my daily work.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.  It was my pleasure reading your response.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.