Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Error receiving data: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. (1005

shravanvijayaprasad
8 - Asteroid

When I schedule run a workflow on server, we are getting the following error - Error receiving data: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. (10054) and it doesn't show the error log in Workflow results. has anyone had this error and can you guide me through why we might be having this error?

This error doesn't show up when I run it on my local machine Alteryx Designer but it happens only on the server

14 REPLIES 14
shravanvijayaprasad
8 - Asteroid

I don't have server access myself but I can surely say that we are running 2019.3. I can check with the team and let you know. One thing I noticed is, this issue only happens when the workflow has an error (when it is completely successful, we see a log)

raychase
11 - Bolide

Any luck fixing this issue?  I've been chatting with various different teams within my organization, as well as consulting with Alteryx Support, and we have not been able to identify the root cause.

raychase
11 - Bolide

@shravanvijayaprasad 

Check this out, I believe it's the root cause of my problem. It may also be relevant to you:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4557473/errors-when-applications-try-to-connect-to-sql-serv...

Looks like I'll need to get the Windows Server version upgraded on the VM that hosts our Alteryx Server.

shravanvijayaprasad
8 - Asteroid

@raychase no luck yet, I will look into the link you have provided. let me know if that resolved it for you

raychase
11 - Bolide

@shravanvijayaprasad I implemented the fix using a local group policy to remove any cipher suites prefixed with TLS_DHE_ and have not received any errors since. The fix has been in place for over 24 hours now, and typically we'd see the error at least once (sometimes as many as 15 times) per day.