Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Email tool error - Email (99): Record#17: Unable to send email error with recipients alter

NS_2019
5 - Atom

Hi,

I have a workflow that creates a set of data by each employee/analyst and then individual email is sent to analyst , all within one workflow. We are including each individual’s Data as a Table within the Body of Email.

Email list is generated automatically through the database but there is a lag in terms of marking a flag for an inactive employee in our database.

Alteryx workflow did not complete successfully whenever it came across such inactive email address and gives error like Record#1: Unable to send email: "Error with Recipients:

But the problem is that Alteryx don’t process the records for the remaining employees from the list who are active and they don’t receive their individual view.

Is there any settings which will allow Alteryx to process all records even though came across inactive recipients? Appreciate your inputs here

3 REPLIES 3
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@NS_2019 

I've just tested the same with a single non existent email address in a list of multiple working ones and the workflow completed without throwing an error and all emails but the one got delivered. I did receive a failed delivery notification though. This makes me wonder whether the problem sits elsewhere.

In the error, does it say anything after the error with recipients? Or does it just list the email address that triggered the error? 

Could you maybe try building a batch macro and feed in a row of the data at a time to see whether it helps?

NS_2019
5 - Atom

Thank you for your reply @MichalM

I got the below error:

clipboard_image_0.png

It just lists the email address that triggered the error and does not sends email after it encounters this error.

Paul_Holden
9 - Comet

Hi,

It would be good to know if you ever found a solution to this as we are facing exactly the same problem (our version is 2018.3).

We have a list of email recipients one of which is known to be bad, two of which sit in a domain external to ours.

The email sends with the "bad" address but not with the two for the external domain.

We have corrected the "bad" email address but we still get the same error.

We have checked with our Exchange team that Alteryx is allows to send external emails.

Currently we are at a dead end as to why this is not sending.

Regards,

Paul