Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Edit User Issue

Curran
5 - Atom

Hi

I am currently experiencing a issue with changing a users's details on the server they where originally added under a different domain and I have tried to update this on the user's profile page but wont let me make any changes.

I have also tried to add them to a subscription as  a data artisan I get a specified email address already exists error even though the user is not showing up as a artisan in the subscription.

4 REPLIES 4
SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Curran - the information for the User is pulled directly from AD when the user signs up, and can't be changed from here. Did the SID of the user change?

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
Curran
5 - Atom

The user was re-added and now has the correct information in AD problem is now that user that was initially created I cannot update any information so effectively the user is completely locked out as I cant do anything with them.

hohnerjo
5 - Atom

Has anyone found a solution to this? Experiencing the same issue after switching from specified usernames and passwords to windows authentication.

csettle
Alteryx
Alteryx

Regrettably, we don't support changing authentication methods once it's been set. In your particular case, it's likely you will need to start with a fresh database and migrate things over. When switching authentication methods from Built In to Windows Auth, these two function very differently. For example, you cannot manually add users with Windows Auth and users are added upon first login, though if the email addresses are the same as when they were using Built In, you will run into the error that the email already exists in the database. 

Authentication Methods