Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Dynamic Input: Using dummy input file for source template. Errors when run on server

lowellsinghGP
7 - Meteor

I am using a dummy input data source template and it runs in desktop but when I try and run it in server it errors out saying it can't find the dummy file.  I am using the dynamic input to generate the sheet names to add to the file path and later open those individual sheets with another embedded macro.  

lowellsinghGP_2-1581518255965.png

5 REPLIES 5
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I think dynamic input has to be able to see the template file.

Another way to do it is to create a batch macro with an Input data tool instead, with a control parameter and action tool to update the fullpath of the file you want to load.

I think this should work on server.

lowellsinghGP
7 - Meteor

Thanks DavidP

When you mean update the full path how does it recognize the sheet name?  I am using dynamic input to pull the sheet names then I add that to the full path witch then gets fed into another macro that opens each sheet in an excel document.

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Just add the sheet name to the full path like this

...\foldername\filename.xlsx|||sheetname$

I’ll send you an example shortly.

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

The attached workflow is not dissimilar to your workflow, but instead of using a dynamic input, it uses the same batch macro twice, first to read the list of sheet names and then to load the sheets

DavidP_0-1581543569560.png

lowellsinghGP
7 - Meteor

Thanks DavidP

I am going to hardcode the sheet names into the formula tool since they will never change.  However, this is great for dynamic files where sheet names are not consistent.  I will use this approach for other workflows for sure.