Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Download all ouput files

ADriver
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I was using an analytics app to ask other teams to download their files through Alteryx server. I used the render tool to output my files. I wonder is there a way to let people download all files at one time. 

Please advise! Much appreciated!

Capture.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

A couple ways you could do it is to either zip all the files up and provide a zip file or save all to a folder and provide a link. Would either of those work?

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
ADriver
6 - Meteoroid
avanibhatnagar
8 - Asteroid

@joshuaburkhow, @ADriver - I have a similar use case where I have an analytic app running on gallery which outputs 50 excel files, but I'm trying to output just 1 zip file. I tried using the Workflow Configuration > Events > After Run Without Errors which then calls a powershell script which zips up all the files in 1 zip folder and it works on Alteryx Designer, but it does not work when workflow is published on Gallery. It returns the error - The external program "powershell.exe" returned an error code: -196608: The system cannot find the file specified. I believe Alteryx server can't find the powershell script because when i publish the workflow i'm unable to attach it using the "Manage workflow assets". Is there anoter way to make this work so that a single zip file is the downloadable output on Server/Gallery?  Any suggestions? I have created a new topic here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Discussions/Alteryx-Zip-Output-Files-on-Gallery/m-p/...