Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Delete multiple workflows at once

jason_scarlett
10 - Fireball

We had an employee leave the organization. They left behind dozens of workflows on the Server. Is there a way to delete multiple workflows at once?

3 REPLIES 3
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @jason_scarlett - If you are brave enough and have permissions you can access MongoDb, where all the workflows are stored and create a workflow in Alteryx Designer to delete unnecessary workflows. 

Please review AlteryxService MongoDB Schema here: https://help.alteryx.com/current/server/alteryxservice-mongodb-schema 

c-lopez
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @jason_scarlett ,

I would second what @ArtApa stated but would just add a comment to that. You'll want to make sure you have a nice backup of the Server MongoDB before attempting this.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server/Alteryx-Server-Backup-amp-Recovery-Part-1-Best-Pract...

Having said that, you should just be able to turn the "IsDeleted" tag to true and the workflow will disappear. 

jason_scarlett
10 - Fireball

Thanks ... I decided to spend ~30 minutes deleting them manually.

Two things:

1. I noticed that when trying to open the workflow fro the ADMIN role in another tab by holding CTRL before clicking the hyperlink, the "delete" button in the new window that opened does not function (the left menu is also missing). You have to open it into the same tab for the delete button to work.

2.  I'm generally brave when cracking the open the back end, but since this is our production instance and we rely on it to be up 24/7 (colleagues have ML code running doing risk scoring of live patients in the hospital), I prefer not to risk it. I wish the Alteryx license would allow a TEST environment so we could try things like this.