Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

DB Has grown dramatically - Back up went from 2GB to 14GB in 2 weeks

aehrenwo
11 - Bolide

Hello everyone. I have encountered something new. We have a backup up that runs every 2 weeks automatically. Noticed on the last run the size of the backup file went from being ~2GB to over 14GB. Clearly a new job or job is creating an output that is being stored as part of the MongoDB. Looking at the jobs I cannot pinpoint what could be causing this. 

Is there a way to export from the Mongo DB the "size" of result files that are being stored/output? I want to shut this job down otherwise we are going to run out of space VERY fast. There was one job, in particular, that was initially inputting/storing some very large files locally but I fixed it to keep the local files on the server. Could that be the issue if that ran a few cycles? How can I clean that up? Just delete that entire workflow from the server? 

I appreciate any insight. 

Regards,

Adam

4 REPLIES 4
mchamps
7 - Meteor

Hey @aehrenwo 

Just a clarifying question do you have an embedded MongoDB (default setting during Alteryx Server configuration) or user managed MongoDB?

aehrenwo
11 - Bolide

Default setting

aehrenwo
11 - Bolide

Another question -- we found the workflow that had the output that was being saved back into the results of the workflow versus getting output to a local folder on Alteryx Server.  we also deleted the original workflow that had the result history. However, that does not seem to have freed up any more space.

I just checked and the new workflow was also referencing larger input files with a checkbox in the assets page versus unchecked.  Would that cause the Mongo DB to get drastically larger? it was dozens of historical files that are 100MB each potentially. Does it save a new copy each time? 

Thanks

Adam

aehrenwo
11 - Bolide

Can anyone help here? we actually deleted the workflow that was causing the database to grow but the Persistence folder in the App Data folder for Alteryx is still the same size. 

Is there any way to permanently remove any lingering files from the "bad" workflow? 

Regards,

Adam