Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Command Tool Defect/Bug

saihaz123
7 - Meteor

So i am currently working on a project where i upload bulk files to the third party thru api calls. Ive decided to upload via curl with their rest api using the command tool. The call cant accomodate more than 5 api calls per sec so i have to put some delay. I use timeout and/or ping to do delays. It works perfectly in the designer but not in the server.

Out of frustration i tried every scenario i could and i stumbled with a weird solution. I added a csv output in the end of the app and it works. I tried yxdb but it didnt work. I think it is not designed to work this way.

1 REPLY 1
c-lopez
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi,

How are you adding a pause to the workflow? is it integrated onto the batch script or is it a run command tool integrated onto the workflow?

If its on the batch script one thing we could try is to add a run command on the workflow itself that does that "pause" it would look something like this

c-lopez_0-1593203457225.png