Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Collections for schedules

akasubi
8 - Asteroid

Hi, are we able to create a collection for schedules in the Alteryx gallery?

I know it's possible for workflows but I have scheduled workflows which run as part of a group and would be good if I could easily view them together in a collection. 

Thanks

afk

11 REPLIES 11
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @akasubi you can indeed this link explains how you can do this. Note this is a new feature for 2020.2 .

Shared_Schedules_05062020.JPG

akasubi
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for info! Looks like I'm not updated to this version yet but at least I know the feature is available.

Just so I understand, do I need to update my Alteryx designer or Alteryx gallery?

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @akasubi it's advisable to update both designer and server so they are the same version so you don't experience any compatibility issues. 

abaranow
5 - Atom

I do not have any option to "add schedules" into the collection. It just loads blank and no option to do anything. Screenshot below.

akasubi
8 - Asteroid

UPDATE: I had to click on one of the collections to see the schedules tab. All good now 😀

Hi @JosephSerpis,

I've updated the desktop and server to the latest version 2020.3.5.30242 but I still can't see the schedules tab under collection. See screenshot attached.

Gallery collection.JPG

Please advise.

Thanks

afk

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @akasubi the schedule tab only appears when you are within a collection.

Collection_09102020.JPG

akasubi
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @JosephSerpis.

However, when I add schedules to the collection it looks like it can only "see" the first page of schedules. There are missing schedules in this list which I've noticed start from page 2 of the schedule.

Is there something I need to do?

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @akasubi I would contact support@alteryx.com if you are missing schedules as the option to add schedules appears to just be a dropdown and doesn't seem to support a search function. When I tested it on my own server and typed a schedule it didn't find it.

Balders
11 - Bolide

@akasubi did you get a resolution for this? I'm also finding I can only add schedules from the first 20 schedules listed to my collection.